What's new

Recommend a replacement for an eero gen 1 setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geekmiki

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a 3 eero gen1 setup that has been working great for 7 years, but it's n longer supported and one of the APs is having issues lately.

I am looking either for routers that can be setup as a mesh network (ie. Asus AiMesh, TP Link OneMesh...) or a 3 AP out of the box mesh system. Ideally, this would be something that I would keep at least 5-6 years and that costs under 500 $/€.

I'll have 2 of the 3 APs connected with ethernet and it'll be used in a typical home environment with 30-40 devices and a 750/350 Mbps cable connection (that might be upgraded to 1Gbps in the near future). Wifi 6E would be nice, 7 is definitely not a must have at this stage.

I am located in Norway, so a newer eero setup is unfortunately not possible (not sold locally).

Any recommendations?
Thanks

Can you get eero from one of the other nearby countries where Amazon has a presence ? Or will Amazon ship to Norway ?

TP-Link Omada, but it has a bit of a learning curve. TP-Link DECO may be close to what you have.