What's new

Recommendation For Next Router. Currently have RT-AC88U and RT-AC68U (as a node).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nickff

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I recently moved to a 1 Gbps internet plan and apparently the RT-AC88U is too old to supply speeds much above 500 Mbps wirelessly to the devices on my network.

I am looking to replace both the AC88U and AC68U and am curious what devices I should be considering.

I want to keep the 8 ethernet ports that I currently have on the 88U and I want the 86U's replacement to play nice as a mesh node.

I could give up the 8 ethernet ports and give a switch a try...but I have never had one (so I there would be a bit of a learning curve) and don't really have the space for another powered device (my network equipment sits near my home theater equipment). Having the 8 port switch built into the router has been quite handy.

Any advice is appreciated!

TIA.

The same size new router with built-in many ports is RT-BE88U.

Wi-Fi speed depends on environment factors and client capabilities.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!