What's new

REFURB ASUS RT-AC66R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JAEBR29

New Around Here
Newegg has this refurb ASUS RT-AC66R (AC1750) for $90. I've been looking for a sale on the RT N66U (N900) based on users recommendations on here for reliability,range and my speed needs (<100 mbs plan). The N900 is $125, but actually looks like it might have better range and performance based on some of the charts I've seen on this site. Does that make sense?

If the AC version is the better router, do you guys trust refurbs on routers or is it best to stay clear on those. Reliability is very important to me.

Thanks for any help.

"ASUS RT-AC66R (AC1750) for $90"

Seems like a good deal to me - mature/stable Ac1750 class device...

As long as the refurb is done by Asus, you should be good. I've got a refurb Netgear WNCE-3001, cost about $30, that I use 24/7 as a 5GHz. wireless to ethernet bridge, and other refurb stuff in the past, and all has been fine. The Asus RT-AC66R for that price sounds good, I'd get that before I got the RT-N66U. The AC66R came out after the N66U, and I've heard a lot of good things about them, including good reviews here.

Last edited: