What's new

Refurbished Linksys EA8500 OK to buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NismoZ

Occasional Visitor
You can get about 80 bucks off a Linksys EA8500 right now on refurbished. My question is, when they get sent back from a new purchase, they normally had a problem to begin with. Dropped WiFi, etc.

Do you think they actually replace the bad parts, or does the QA techs miss the diagnosis, and just re-send them back out as refurbs with issues?

What's your all take on it? 80 bucks seems like a decent amount of cash to save.

I would only buy a refurb if refurbished by the original manufacturer. My take on this is that a lot of these are more "open box", people just had pilot problems with them. I've bought refurbs, and they've been fine, have had no problems buying and using them. In other words, go ahead and buy one.

Last edited:
Buying refurb from the OEM, usually they are buyer remorse returns... with the OEM's, they're generally tested to ensure that they're fully functional...

Might not get the exciting out of box/unboxing experience of a retail pack, but generally they're "as new" with full warranty...

What I would like to know is if router Refurbished QA testers test for solid connectivity over a decent period of time. I bet they don't. That's ok, if they will accept a return the same as a new router, then that acts as a safety net for buying a refurb.