What's new

Remote access : LogmeIn and VNC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MediaMan09

Regular Contributor
I use LogMeIn at work, or when on the road, to control my home machines or support friends, family eembers etc. Its a few prompts and keystrokes to get in, but works well once in.

I use UltraVNC when at home, on the home network, I can set it up as a one click shortcut and its very fast. I have 8 machines in the house Vista and many XP's. Works great. Dont want to use LogMeIN on the house as a) its not a one-click solution b) I dont want to go out to the internet just to control my own home network machines.

Just got a new Windows 7 computer, and UltraVNC is giving me grief. I can connect, see the remote screen and move the mouse but have no keyboard control,. I changed some suggested settings ( system hook??) and now cant even connect.

Looking at other options.

Any suggestions?

Are there prodcuts that are better thatn UltraVNC - especially under Windows 7?

I assume products like GoToMyPc are much lke LogMeIN...and thus perhaps not suitable for a single click home network VNC solution.