What's new

Repeater bridge, Asus and Linksys

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Powerlines2000

New Around Here
Hi All

Bit of back story:
I used to have 2x Linksys WRT54GL's running DD-WRT, 1x acting as a bridge (working fine for 4yrs)
Upgraded to a 100mbs connection and decided to update to an ASUS RT-N66U (as Primary).
Installed (with the latest Merlin build) and working fine but.....

English houses, stone walls does not a great signal range make.

Question:
Can i use one of my old WRT54GL's (or both) as a range extender (will mostly be for phones/pads etc)?
If so how?

I have tried:
Setting 1x Linksys to an AP but this just seemed to bog down the Asus (may have got the Asus settings wrong)
Changing 1x Linksys to a Repeater bridge but this just shows up as a client connected to the Asus and does not extend the range.
Read about 10 different solutions but havnt found one that talks about connecting the Asus as the Primary.

Before you ask i cant move the router without running silly amounts of Ethernet to and from the router as Desktop and printer are LAN.

Any help would be great.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!