What's new

Replacing entire wireless network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

edforce1

New Around Here
Hi

I am currently looking to completely replace my current wireless setup due to a 1st gen timecapsule failure.

I currently have a 1st gen timecapsule as my primary wireless router (now dead) attached via ethernet to my network providers cable modem ( Blizoo who are a Bulgarian provider) and the timecapsule is attached via cable to my Apple TV. The timecapsule is then attached wirelessly to an Airport Express which is upstairs and is extending my wireless network.

This setup works fine and i would just replace the Timecapsule, however, they are extremely expensive in Bulgaria.

Could somebody please suggest an alternative setup (its important that my ATV will work as this is my only source of UK tv and that i can stream my iPad, iMac and Macbook air to the ATV)

My house is on 3 floors and the cable access point is on the 1st floor, i am not bothered about wireless access on the ground floor, but it must reach the 2nd floor. The house is of solid concrete construction and my Timecapsule just about reached the 2nd floor, however, it was extremely intermittent, hence the airport express on the 2nd floor which solved this problem.

I have looked at the Asus RT-N66U, Dark Knight and this seems a good option, however, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Karl