What's new

Replacing my n66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MasterBash

Regular Contributor
Due to this problem right here http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=20649

I may have to replace my n66u if I do not have a solution to fix it.

I am wondering what is the fastest reliable router out there. I heard the R8000 and AC87U have a lot of problems, so I thought about buying either the R7000 or AC68U. I currently only have one AC device.

Which is the better of the two and which one do you actually recommend if I am (probably unless stock firmware is fast and good) going to install either dd-wrt or tomato.

Thanks.

My issue got fixed (shibby firmware is causing it, RMerlin and stock are fine), I am still looking to upgrade my router and give this one to a family member.

Any idea? Did the R8000, R7500 or AC87U firmware mature a bit? Or am I better with the R7000 or AC68U?

No idea if I will choose tomato or dd-wrt. Probably tomato because I heard its faster and more reliable.