What's new

Roaming assistant default values?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lord_Vader

Regular Contributor
Been mixing with roaming assistant and now I can't remember the default values, for 2,4 & 5Ghz.

Can anyone tell me please?

Also, does anyone had suggestions on what values to use? Stock with default?

save your config, factory reset the router, look at the values you want to know by default, load saved config and change back settings.

I never used Roaming Assistant so I'm assuming the values on my router are still default:

2.4GHz -> -55dBm
5GHz -> -70dBm

Suggestions on what values to use? It depends on how far the APs are from each other.

Hmm, I had to install a new RT-AC86U router yesterday and the default values were:

2.4GHz -> -70dBm
5GHz -> -70dBm

Anyway, they have to be adjusted according to specific use. No universal best settings here.

Hmm, I had to install a new RT-AC86U router yesterday and the default values were:

2.4GHz -> -70dBm
5GHz -> -70dBm

Anyway, they have to be adjusted according to specific use. No universal best settings here.

I reset my 86U 45717 a few days ago and have (have always had) these defaults:

2.4GHz -> -55dBm
5GHz -> -70dBm

OE

Thanks a lot, I had to do a factory reset myself, but despite enabling Ai-mesh (86U with 88U) roaming assist is disabled by default..?

I guess I should enabling it when running Ai-mesh? :confused:

Thanks a lot, I had to do a factory reset myself, but despite enabling Ai-mesh (86U with 88U) roaming assist is disabled by default..?

I guess I should enabling it when running Ai-mesh? :confused:

Yes. It's suppose to 'steer' a client to the optimal node/connection.

OE

I reset my 86U 45717 a few days ago and have (have always had) these defaults:

2.4GHz -> -55dBm
5GHz -> -70dBm

OE
Apologies for dragging up an old post but is this still current with both these settings? I ask as on a new install I think it was -70dBm for 5GHz (it was enabled) but was disabled for 2.4GHz.

If anyone has a recent new purchase or done a reset I’d really appreciate confirmation, thanks a lot!

k.

Apologies for dragging up an old post but is this still current with both these settings? I ask as on a new install I think it was -70dBm for 5GHz (it was enabled) but was disabled for 2.4GHz.

If anyone has a recent new purchase or done a reset I’d really appreciate confirmation, thanks a lot!

k.

The default I've seen of late is -70dBm and enabled for both bands.

OE

Last edited:
Thank you both 🙏

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!