What's new

router compatible with current network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

live_strong

New Around Here
it looks like my ISP is going to start usage based billing and i would like to be able to monitor the bandwidth on my end to avoid a surprise in the mail.
my current router (DIR-655) does not have a monitoring feature and is slowly started to die.

i searching around for a new router it looks like the Netgear WNDR3700 might be my best option, but i want to make sure it will not cause any problems with my current setup.

• D-Link DAP-1522 (wireless bridge for TV and Blu-ray player)
  • Netgear WGPS606
  • D-Link DWA-556 (desktop)
  • two laptops (one G, one N)
  • one netbook (N)
  • DNS-323 (stream video to TV and computer)

one "issue" i have noticed is that the desktop can be sluggish at times when downloading or transferring files to the DNS-323. it is a new computer so i am not sure where the issue lies (card or router). if i use a laptop in the same room i do not notice any problems, so i dont think it is signal related.

i like to think i am knowledgeable when it comes to computers and technology, but i have not been following the networking hardware as close. so i turn to you, the experts-WNDR3700 my best option or is there a better alternative i should be considering?

thanks in advance!