What's new

router keeps on disconnecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tonysamson

Regular Contributor
hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask this question, but I just don't have any clue on how to resolve this. So please bear with me.

I have recently connected a WD MyCloud to my AC66U with Asuswrt-Merlin. I installed Transmission on the MyCloud. MyCloud ran with my router just fine, until today.

I kept on being disconnected from my router. It would seem that my router kept on restarting / rebooting. At first it was just a hunch on my part. But when I turned off MyCloud, my router will run just fine without disconnecting. If a turn MyCloud back on however, I get disconnected again.

I have attached a log file from router. Please help me understand/ read the same as I don't have any clue on what it says.

Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• asuslog.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 237
any help? please.

Is it really possible that a device hooked up to the router through LAN can cause the router to disconnect, restart and crash?

It would seem that that is my current situation. If I turn off WD MyCloud my router would stop acting up. I have installed BitTorrent Sync and Transmission on the MyCloud. My router is not running any apps.

Possible, yes.

Try everything as close to defaults as possible and add things one by one testing as you go. That will show which configuration is causing you the problems.

I'll try configuring my Transmission installed on my MyCloud when I get home. Then I'll post my observations again. Thank you for the reply.

My router rebooted the other day when I was using Transmission. I think its too much or not playing nice with recent firmware, something. I might try rTorrent.

Might be worth reducing the number of max concurrent connections from the 300,000 default to 50,000 and see if that helps. This can be adjusted under Tools -> Other Settings.

Hi everyone. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my issue. I think my problem is not with the router. Thus, I think this is not the proper forum for my issue. Its with the Transmission 2.82 that I installed with WD MyCloud. I'll try to figure out what exactly is wrong and try to fix it. Thank again.

Hi,

I'm still trying to figure out the problem with Transmission and my Router.

I tried disabling the firewall on the Asus with the Transmission on the WD MyCloud running. It would seem that the router did not restart even for one time.

When I tried configuring port forwarding and enabled the firewall again, the router crashes again although this time, the packets destined for MyCloud is not denied anymore.

Any suggestions?

MyCloud

Hi
I have been running tomato for 6 months and wanted to try Merlin and my only issue is MyCloud drive. It disappear from all my PC but not my macs.
I read that it had to do with the ADisk and port 443.

I am running the latest Merlin beta.

I wanted to know how you got yours to work?

Thank you

Might be worth reducing the number of max concurrent connections from the 300,000 default to 50,000 and see if that helps. This can be adjusted under Tools -> Other Settings.
This definitely is it. I have had qBittorrent running on a machine and it completely overwhelmed my Router. Setting a lower max. connection in qBittorrent solved it.

Mine worked when I Port Forwarded. The dropped packets was greatly reduced then crashes was well somewhat gone :)

Hi
I have been running tomato for 6 months and wanted to try Merlin and my only issue is MyCloud drive. It disappear from all my PC but not my macs.
I read that it had to do with the ADisk and port 443.

I am running the latest Merlin beta.

I wanted to know how you got yours to work?

Thank you

Same issue with me. Manually entering the link //MYCLOUD/(name of folder) works for me though. Made a shortcut for the shares in my desktop and the bug never bothered me for now. It will be best to address the bug though.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!