What's new

Router Selection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vernod

New Around Here
Hi,

I had an 10 year old linksys wifi router which I recently upgraded to an airport express. Strangely, the airport express range is pathetic compared to the old router. I really want to fix my wifi coverage at home.

Just wanted to know what option would be better to extend my range. I have a 2500 sft apt that is rather longish:

1. Replace airport express (which I am currently extending with a first generation express as my apt is quite large) with the Asus RT-N66U

2. Get an airport extreme and extend with the airport express (and throw away the first generation express).

3. Any other suggestion?

By the way, is the RT-AC66U much better than the RT-N66U or is the difference small. The country I live in, it costs about $215 for the RT-N66U and $265 for the RT-AC66U.

Thanks,

Vern

Between the two choices you state, I would try the RT-N66U in your environment.

If the RT-AC68U is close to the RT-AC66U in price, then that would be my suggestion.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!