What's new

Router Setup Page Slow on Wifi for Asus RT-AC66R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zythyr

Occasional Visitor
I just bought a brand new Asus RT-AC66R router.

I was playing around with the router setup page and noticed that when connected through wifi the router setup page is very slow/unresponsive...

I connected my laptop to the router directly with Ethernet and this issue was gone...

I updated the firmware and also tried doing the hard reset using the reset button. This didn't fix the issue. The router setup page is still slow to load when connect with wifi...

Edit:
I tested the access to the router setup/config page through wifi using my iPhone, iPad, and another laptop. The page was quick to load and I had no issues. Thus I think my current laptop must be the issue.... My laptop is a Windows 8.1. I have tested with both Firefox and Chrome and the issue is the same doesn't matter what browser I use.

Anyone know what could be the issue that causing the router setup/config page through wifi to be slow or unresponsive on my laptop?

Last edited:
Try dumping your browser cache and restarting your browser on your laptop. That's fixed this issue for me several times.

Just curious how your wireless is otherwise? Is it as fast as it should be on your laptop?

Try dumping your browser cache and restarting your browser on your laptop. That's fixed this issue for me several times.

Just curious how your wireless is otherwise? Is it as fast as it should be on your laptop?

I reset all my browser cookies, cache, history, everything... It still didn't fix the issue...

Yea internet browsing is fast... I did a speedtest and I am getting 35Mbps+ as expected... I haven't tested the LAN speeds between other computers... however, as of right now, the only concern I have is the slow/unresponsive setup page...

Don't leave your WiFi router admin access via WiFi enabled more than briefly. Require use of ethernet as a rule, for security reasons.

Don't leave your WiFi router admin access via WiFi enabled more than briefly. Require use of ethernet as a rule, for security reasons.

I don't think this is the solution...

I did further investigation and found out that I don't have an issue like this with my other devices (iPhone, iPad, old laptop). I have the slow loading /unresponsive config page on only my main laptop.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this issue on my laptop?

I disabled my Antivirus/Firewall of ESET Smart Security. This issue still is not resolved.

In my office, I have another router, Linksys E1200. I noticed I have the same issue with that router.

I don't know then. Lots of people with ESET have had problems with slowness. Try checking ASUS website for a new firmware update. You have to go to the website and manually download it. Then reset router to factory defaults and remove your old wireless profiles.

Here's more info on eset.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=14401

I believe just disabling the antivirus isn't enough, you have to either whitelist or disable some protocol filtering feature. There's a few posts on the forum saying more specifically what feature to adjust - I don't remember since I don't use Eset's antivirus myself.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!