What's new

RT-AC5300 Link Aggregation problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davidology

Occasional Visitor
[Edit: There is a problem with the D-Link's firmware v 4.00.064 -- latest on the U.S. website right now. 4.10.004 fixes it]

I had LACP working flawlessly on my RT-AC5300 and my Netgear GS108Tv2 switch, but I recently upgraded the switch to the D-Link DGS-1210-20. I setup LACP on the ports plugged into the ASUS. When I plug both ports in, the D-Link sees both gigabit links, but the ASUS immediately stops communicating over to the switch. The ASUS shows:
Please enable Bonding (802.3ad) support of your wired client and connect it to Router LAN1 and LAN2.

Again, on the Netgear, this worked like a champ. The D-Link does have more configurable options, but I've tried setting it up as both Active & Passive, with both Long (90 second) and Short (3 second) timeouts. None of these settings seems to make a difference, so I put it back at the default (Active-long).

Any suggestions? I'd really like to get LA going again, but I'm a little over my skis here.

Thanks!
David

Last edited:
Didn't know LAG was possible for that router. Where have you found information showing that it would work?

You mean no options at all, LACP closed source code only supports LAYER2.

You mean no options at all, LACP closed source code only supports LAYER2.

The switch I'm connecting to is a Layer 2 switch. It allows me to choose Active/Passive, Short & Long, LACP or Static. I successfully used LACP w/ the NetGear switch. For some reason with the D-Link, it will show a successful link on both ports, but the Asus becomes completely unreachable, and it reports that LACP is not enabled.

Maybe D-Link is LAYER2+3 or 3+4, will not work on ASUS.

Maybe D-Link is LAYER2+3 or 3+4, will not work on ASUS.

Thanks... and good timing. I'm actually on the phone with D-Link now, but the technician just confirmed that the DGS-1210 is L2 only. I've tried changing some of my port settings to see if that makes a difference, but so far no luck.

Apparently it's a firmware issue that's fixed in 4.10, but D-Link appears to take a very long time to publish firmware on its website. ugh