What's new

RT-AC5300 OVPN servers, not all IPs are available after I connect with clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HarlockP4

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I configured my RT-AC5300 as OVPN server, I 'm able to connect to it with Android/Windows client, I'm able to login into it (192.168.1.1), but if I try to reach the other asus routers in my network (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) I'm not able to reach them. It's strange since all the network should be available.
Does anybody have any idea about this problem?

Regards

sorry what do you mean?

You, the Original Poster (OP), are asking for help with your network. I referred potential helpers to your own network description in another thread which may help them to help you.

OE

You, the Original Poster (OP), are asking for help with your network. I referred potential helpers to your own network description in another thread which may help them to help you.

OE

AH thanks.
now I'm trying to figure out this other issue, why just few IPs are available when I'm remotely connected by OpenVPN?

AH thanks.
now I'm trying to figure out this other issue, why just few IPs are available when I'm remotely connected by OpenVPN?

Can you reach those IPs from the LAN?

AiMesh nodes are not meant to be accessible by their webUI. Once they become a node, they are managed by the AiMesh router, which you say you can access remotely.

OE

Can you reach those IPs from the LAN?

AiMesh nodes are not meant to be accessible by their webUI. Once they become a node, they are managed by the AiMesh router, which you say you can access remotely.

OE

yes, I can, 192.168.1.2 is AC56U and 192.168.1.3 is n55u annex A.

From the LAN I can reach any IP in my network, I found this strange limitation just when connected by OpenVPN

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online