What's new

RT-AC66U, Asuswrt-Merlin and IPv6 6to4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

M

microchip

Hi,

Today, I've installed the latest Merlin firmware version for my AC66U. I'm trying to setup a 6to4 tunnel but I'm having an issue I hope someone can help with.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get an IPv6 address from the router. I've tried various combination on my PCs like dhclient -6, dhcpcd, ifdown/ifup, reboot multiple times, etc. This is not just on one computer but on three different ones. Two are Linux and one is Windows 7. When I check the logs of the router, the 6to4 tunnel seems to be set up correctly. radvd appears also to be running so it should work, but it doesn't.

I also have a TP-Link Archer C7 router, configured also for 6to4 tunnel, and with it I have no issues getting an IPv6 address on my PCs. But I'd really like to make the AC66U work too.

Anyone can help, please? Thanks :)