What's new

RT-AC66U,range and logs questions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kivaar

New Around Here
Hi @,

I post here to have some information about this router.
In fact i need a router to allow my clients to use internet ( free ), but i was wondering about the maximum distance between the router and the client.
According to some reviews, it may be 25 meters, but as i need to cover a little bit more ( 50 meters i think ), i may need to buy an AP.

So the questions :
- What is the maximum distance between the router and the client ?
- What compatible AP can I buy if i need one ?
- What about the logging system ? I need to track and log what the clients do ( this is the law ), so i need to know who is connected ( the IP ) to what destination, the time, the protocols ( like P2P or FTP ) ...
- Is there any way to transfert automatically the logs to a remote website on the net ? ( it seems not to have a mail transfert function on it )
- Do i have to use an AC USB wireless adapter on my computer to use the 5Ghz BW ?

A lot of question, i know, but this will help me to choose the router I'll buy !

Thanks a lot,
Cheers
K.
Edit/Delete Message

#ASUS forums if you're looking for ASUS specific advice - lot's of smart folks there with experience on the ASUS gear.

sfx

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!