What's new

RT-AC68U Issue, Looking For Direction

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shax

New Around Here
Howdy, so I am looking for a little advice that I have been having with my AC68U.

Firstly I have been getting intermittently lousy wireless and wired speeds. After doing some long term speed testing I have determined that it is not my modem as I am able to routinely pull down 85-105Mbps of my 100Mbps connection from my modem to a laptop.

The same tests done on LAN and Wifi with my AC68U is showing significant drop offs in speeds in random intervals, they are usually lasting and do not alleviate themselves until I power cycle the router. I am essentially using the OEM setting on the router besides having changed the the SSID and such. I have checked the wifi traffic around the area and am on the appropriate channels for my area. I wouldn't imagine that would be the issue if I am also experiencing the slow down over LAN.

I have Googled around and haven't been able to come up with any solutions, what do you folks recommend. Is Merlin a more stable alternative to the Asus firmware? Would you have me do any other testing to really determine the issue? Thanks for the direction.

Hi,
What version firmware are you running?
Also might want to look at RMerlin thread here.
Good firmware... :)

Cheers

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online