What's new

RT-AX58U: laggy reponse phone to Chromecast with Google TV 4k

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FrankHW

New Around Here
Since a couple of months (I would say the last 2 Merlin firmwares), I have the problem that while streaming YouTube to my Chromecast with Google TV 4k, the Chromecast/YouTube app is reacting slowly to input on my phone (Pixel 8 pro).

All devices are running latest software (router on Merlin).

I was doing the same at my father's home, he has my old Chromecast Ultra (no Asus router) and there everything works fine.

So I guess there is something going on on my network. What could it be?
Using 5ghz, all devices on same SSiD.

The reaction time varies, sometimes it is direct but mostly it is 5 to 10 seconds. Chromecast looks to react earlier when I press a button on its remote (arrow up for example), as if it needs to wake up.

Have already rebooted all devices of course. Also did a factory reset of the Chromecast. Didn't really help.

I hope somebody has any suggestions.

Ugggh - best I can offer is to use the remote provided by the CGTV-4k...

Google Home is a bit of a hot mess at the moment... casting from an Android (or Chrome on the desktop) is a bit messy...

The old OG-Chromecasts were direct connections...

I see, so buying the new Google streamer box will not help for this?
I use the remote control of course, but some things (like adding video's to the queue) can only be done through your phone.