What's new

RT-AX58U V2 aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bofh99

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I can't get aimesh to work on RT-AX58U V2 with two ac68u clients.
It 'sees' the clients but is unable to pair up with it. It gets slowly to 40% progress then speeds up then says it's unable to pair up,
with the following error:

Unable to add your AiMesh node RT-AC68U (mac:address:goes:here) to your AiMesh system due to the following situations. Please check and try again.
  1. Someone else is trying to set up an AiMesh system. Please wait 1 minute and try again.
  2. your AiMesh router and node should be within 3 meters of each other during the setup process.
  3. Make sure your AiMesh node is powered on.
  4. Your AiMesh node has been upgraded to AiMesh-supported firmware.
  5. Your AiMesh node has been reset to default
If you want to find another available AiMesh node nearby, please click "Search".

The firmware is 3.0.0.4.388_24762-ge3b6352 and the clients have the latest firmware.
Is this firmware known to cause aimesh to stop working? The clients have all been reset as per recommendations.

It used to work until an automatic update upgraded it. I tried to fix it by removing the client entries,
resetting the clients, rebooting the master and attempting to re-add the clients. Also tried via ethernet.

It used to work until an automatic update upgraded it.

It's quite possible the new firmware has AiMesh issue. Happened before with different model routers. Seems like you have tried all the usual workarounds. Report it to Asus in Feedback form for a chance to get it fixed in next firmware releases.

No, Asuswrt-Merlin has nothing to do with AiMesh. Comes from Asuswrt, closed source.

They won't help you much, keep the configuration simple with no too much Trend Micro involvement and the situation will improve. Withdraw Trend Micro data sharing agreement in Administration Policy/Privacy and try again.

They won't help you much, keep the configuration simple with no too much Trend Micro involvement and the situation will improve. Withdraw Trend Micro data sharing agreement in Administration Policy/Privacy and try again.
I've never enabled any of that trend stuff. It looks like i'm SOL until asus update their firmware. I guess i can try setting the other routers as relay/AP mode

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!