What's new

RT-AX68U out of mem crashes / reboots / panic?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vibroverbus

Regular Contributor
AX68U on 388.7 running AiMesh host to one node AC66UB1 on 3004.386.
Entware installed with a usual not super heavy set of ad-ons - Diversion, Skynet, scribe etc.
No heavy lifting hosting going on, mostly purely acting as gateway router and wifi access point.
Theres one OpenVPN setup but its almost never in use.
Up until recently system has been super fast super reliable, just works great.
Does a nightly scheduled reboot (yeah I know some will say unnecessary but old sysadmin habits die hard).

Few weeks ago caught some high-mem conditions, looked like skynet processing periodically but seemed to 'go away'... but now I'm not so sure.

Picked up few days ago that there were some occaisional 'no log entry reboots' happening.
Suddenly system is rebooting with nothing weird suspicious problematic in the log beforehand.

Well this morning I caught a reboot last night that dumped loads of crashlog out of memory errors before a panic and a reboot.

Not really super expert on reading crashlog dumps. Anybody got suggestions?
(I would have pasted here but apparently its too long for "CODE" tag)

Attachments

• 2024_07_13.crashlogSNB.txt
    95 KB · Views: 10
Entware installed with a usual not super heavy set of ad-ons - Diversion, Skynet, scribe etc.
Those addons are quite memory intensive at times. If you insist on running them you will need to have a swap file (which you don't appear to have). I suggest 2GB in size.

Last edited:
Those addons are quite memory intensive at times. If you insist on running them you will need to have a swap file (which you don't appear to have). I suggest 2GB in size.
Yeah that's what I got setup per the defaults. I never see swap used tho, always says zero.

1720888688667.png

If I were you I would uninstall either uiDivStats or syslogng and see if that helps. Sorting very large data sets (e.g. log files, adblocking lists, etc.) can require a lot a real memory. You might get away with just increasing the swap file size but that doesn't always help.

Good idea I really seldom use uiDivStats anyway.