What's new

RT-AX82U V2 VPN setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hammy

New Around Here
Hi all, new to this form.
I have a Raspberry pi 4 running LibreELEC and Kodi with OpenVPN and Nord VPN. My issue is I have 500 Mbps fiber internet and with the VPN turned on I only get 150 ish Mbps. Doing a search to find a resolve I learned that OpenVPN is very slow.
According to Nord I can install Nord on my router however the router also uses OpenVPN (according to the info from Nord). If that is true and if i functions as poorly on the router I have no desire to use it.
My question is: What results to you all have when installing a VPN on this router and how do set it up. Must OpenVPN actually be used? I have two wired connections that I want to use the VPN for so is there a way to only have those two connections
protected by the VPN.
Thank You in advance for your assistance.

Around 100Mbps OpenVPN on this model. If Wireguard is used the entire network behind this router will slow down to around 300Mbps WAN to LAN. Incompatible with NAT acceleration and no flow cache bypass. Not the best model for VPN.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!