What's new

RT-AX86U Pro: after router reboot VPN Fusion Wireguard profile stock on connecting and Internet does not work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

orudie

Occasional Visitor
Hello Asus community!

RT-AX86U Pro: after router reboots VPN Fusion Wireguard Profile gets stuck on connecting and internet does not work.

After the router is rebooted VPN profile is attempting to auto connect, but it doesn't.

To fix the issue I login to router's web UI, go to VPN, VPN Fusion, Select Wireguard Profile, click on the switch where it says connecting, then click on the connection switch again, and the connection says connected, and everything is working fine again.

This issue does not happen with OpenVPN profiles in VPN fusion. It only happens with Wireguard profiles. I tried different connection profiles from different VPN providers, and it is the same thing almost every time the router reboots.

I tried removing all the other profiles from the VPN fusion section, leaving only one Wireguard profile, but it does not fix the issue.

Running latest available firmware from Asus.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Regards, and thanks in advance!

Last edited: