What's new

Rt-ax86u use 2.5Gb port in Ap mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krism

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I'm trying to use the 2.5Gb port in AP mode but it seems that it can't. Nowhere is an option to set 2.5Gb port as WAN in AP mode, so is it possible via cli?

In AP mode there is no WAN port. All ports (should) be LAN ports.
I know that, but the 1gb wan becomes the passthrough to the main router. Thus how can I get the 2.5gb port to become the passthrough?

I know that, but the 1gb wan becomes the passthrough to the main router. Thus how can I get the 2.5gb port to become the passthrough?
The 2.5GbE port is a LAN port by default. You don't need to configure it.

Run brctl show to see that all ports are part of the LAN bridge br0 in AP mode. Any port can be the uplink to the main router.

I have my RT-AX86U pro and non pro AP’s leveraging the 2.5GB WAN port for LAN uplink at 2.5GB. If you aren’t able to get a link at those speeds, try a different cable on a shorter run first to confirm it works as intended. If not, then try factory reset. If that doesn’t work you may have a hardware problem.