What's new

RT-AX86U WiFi not working after turning on Gear Accelerator

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

purposefulmd5

New Around Here
Model: RT-AX86U
FW: 3004_388.8_2

Edit: Flow cache and runner are both enabled I searched doesn't seem like there's an option to turn it off, I remember it working with both of them off.

After enabling gear accelerator on accident, Wi-Fi devices no longer work without it enabled.

I remember adding my PC to the list "Game Device Prioritizing", clicking apply and it automatically rebooting/kicking me off the Wi-Fi, but I don't think I ever agreed to the Trend Micro terms of service.

I've reset the router and even put it into recovery mode down to stock firmware all, still Android (Pixel 8 Pro and other) devices show "limited connectivity"

Not using AI mesh or anything QOS related.

PC with ethernet has LAN/WAN access and the Wi-Fi works there too but I added my PC to the list "Game Device Prioritizing" at the start and that's probably why it works properly.

Is there any way to clear all the settings?
Is there a command I can use?

I've tried just about everything.

Last edited:
This might help
I bought a replacement just in case of faulty hardware. Same issue persists with a new RT-BE96U I feel like it might be the AT&T gateway having issues.

Update: runner is enabled and flow cache is enabled on Asus.

Isp's provided gateway works when I turn on its Wi-Fi.

It's set to IP pass-through mode.

I have no idea why this is an issue.
I even bought a new router and it has the same issue. I can't connect my Android client devices to my Wi-Fi network.

ISP router and the Asus are using the same SSID/pw? If the answer is not, the Androids cant connect to the ISP or to the Asus?
ISP routers can be all over the place. My current (gpon) one has a menu point for "gateway" mode, but it is not setting anything at all. I had to turn off its DHCP, and i fixed the Asus routers IP on its binding table, and i set the Asus router WAN to use the ISP routers IP. Its working fine like that. I also turned off the 2,4 and 5GHz radios on the ISP router, but in reality, it is never turning it completely off, just setting its radio power to minimum...