What's new

RT-AX88U Pro - Merlin Firmware:3004.388.8_2 - WiFi connection problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KrautHolg

New Around Here
Hello all,

I recently bought an RT-AX88U Pro router and successfully flashed Merlin Firmware:3004.388.8_2 which seems to work fine with mobile Android devices, but seemingls has some trouble initially connecting to the WiFi on either Windows 10 or Windows 11. Once the connection is finally established it seems to be stable. I guess I am doing something incredibly stupid here, but I can’t find out what I might be doing wrong or how to find out how to solve it. I would be very glad for some pointers or ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

KrautHolg

but seemingls has some trouble initially connecting to the WiFi on either Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Perhaps you can expand in more detail about exactly how Windows 10 or Windows 11 is having trouble connecting to WiFi?
What specific errors is Windows indicating?
Does the router GUI system log indicate any issues?
How is your WiFi configured on the router?
Are you using the WiFi SmartConnect feature on the router?
Are you trying to connect to the router's main WiFi or to the router's Guest Wifi?
In other words, provide more information including what troubleshooting steps you have performed.