What's new

RT AX88U problem with update 3004 388-8-1 and 2: loss of internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eric le sauze

New Around Here
hello community I am new to the forum
I have an ax88u router and with the new updates 3004 388-8-1 and 388-8-2 I no longer have access to the internet network and when I reload 3004 388-7 the problem disappears

if anyone knows the solution please help me solve this problem

cordially

Just a guess, but if you're using the OpenVPN client(s) w/ a kill switch, the kill switch is now PERSISTENT, even if the OpenVPN client is disabled/OFF. I've seen several other users get caught by this change.

In general, it's best to NOT do a dirty upgrade. Dirty upgrades can lead to weird problems.

Moving from 388.7 to 388.8 I had to factory reset and set everything back up manually.

In general, it's best to NOT do a dirty upgrade. Dirty upgrades can lead to weird problems.
In general, it's best for people to read the damed changelog. The number of complains I've had so far that were all resolved by simply telling the user to read the changelog...

It`s downright frustrating.

In general, it's best for people to read the damed changelog. The number of complains I've had so far that were all resolved by simply telling the user to read the changelog...

At the very least, DON'T start posting about something broken with a new build until you've FIRST performed a factory reset and HAND loaded all parameters. Only THEN, post questions.

You sir are a saint , I would have blown a gasket long ago answering the same questions over and over . When the answer is in the change log . You always take the time to write a comprehensive change log , shame people do not read it.

Hello, thank you very much eibgrad and all for helping me.
Because it was indeed the killswitch
I am deeply sorry to have disturbed you and I recognize my deep ignorance. Yes I recognize that I do not read the change log every time.
but there is an explanation for everything in fact I am moving and I did the update with my smartphone which did not allow me to see all the options that were changed I needed help quickly and that is why I turned to the community.
I am admirable of all the work that is done on the development and send you all my thanks.
This was the first and unfortunately it will be the last time that I will address the community.
I apologize for the inconvenience and will not disturb you again
cordially

I had this same issue with 3004 388-8-2 on my RT-AX88U. I tried factory reset and upgraded and still had the issue and tried factory reset and still had the issue. I do not use any VPN or killswitch settings. It seemed to be triggered by enabling DoT and changing DNS from my ISP assigned. I am not sure why my dns stops working on this new update, but not on 3004 388-8. Is it possible a killswitch is being added even though I have never utilized it?

Hello, thank you very much eibgrad and all for helping me.
Because it was indeed the killswitch
I am deeply sorry to have disturbed you and I recognize my deep ignorance. Yes I recognize that I do not read the change log every time.
but there is an explanation for everything in fact I am moving and I did the update with my smartphone which did not allow me to see all the options that were changed I needed help quickly and that is why I turned to the community.
I am admirable of all the work that is done on the development and send you all my thanks.
This was the first and unfortunately it will be the last time that I will address the community.
I apologize for the inconvenience and will not disturb you again
cordially
no need to leave we have all made mistakes , that is how we learn.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!