What's new

RT-n56u drops one website consistently

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tomgru

Occasional Visitor
Some weird behavior that I hope one of you might have some insight to.

I'm running an N56U with the latest firmware from Asus (3.0.0.4.376_3879).... updated a few weeks ago. Not sure if that is when the problem started... but it was pretty close.

The deal is that whenever I go to a particular forum that I visit (much like this one), after hopping around a bit, I lose connection. Backwards/forwards or a refresh often fixes it, as does an disable/enable of the wifi adapter.

Happens on multiple different tablets/PCs that are wifi... as well as hardwired PCs.

I've tried resetting router and switches, and still have the problem.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Driving me nuts! if I run the windows diagnostics troubleshooter,, it fixes it, with the message "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings".

I have auto detect setup in IE on all my browsers/PCs.

Is this maybe a modem problem and not on my router (internet through Comcast)?

Turn off auto detect setup, disable proxy support entirely (unless you are really using a proxy?).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!