What's new

RT-N66R 2.4ghz radio not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Riktar

New Around Here
Doing a check on all my devices (2 laptops, PS3, bluray player) I can no longer see the 2.4ghz signal, only the 5ghz.

Have tried updating the firmware, rebooting the router and still I have no 2.4ghz.

Before I contact Asus, has anyone else run into this?

Maybe its a simple fix?

Additionally: The radio is receiving since I can see other 2.4ghz networks when I scan for additional networks thru the Asus menu system.

???

Last edited:
Make sure it's set on a channel between 1 and 11, in case it somehow ended on channel 13 (if you played with regional settings, for instance), and live in a region that does not support channel higher than 11.

A factory default reset should be the last step to attempt.

Thanks for the suggestions. My channel was set to auto so I tried setting it to 6 with no luck.

I did a factory reset and that did the trick.

Just for grins I restored my old config file and went back to no output on the 2.4ghz side so I must have changed (or screwed up if you prefer) :) something in the settings.

So I copied all my mac filter settings and did a factory reset again and all was well. Just spent a few minutes typing the mac filter stuff back in and I am back up on all fronts.

Thanks again for the tip(s)!!!!!