What's new

[RT-N66U_380.64_2] Password lost for UI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avk

New Around Here
Hi All,

I have just upgraded the firmware for Asus RT-N66U from 378.53 to 380.64_2. Once it has completed I have been forwarded to the new router login page which is now web based. It turns out that after the upgrade it no longer accepts the password I had before nor the default "admin" password. The internet connectivity still seems to be recovered and works as expected.

Has anybody here faced this "password lost" problem and have any solutions for it?
Appreciate any help or ideas...

P.S.: I am not using the setting reset hardware key on a router yet as it will reset the internet connectivity settings. If it does so without recovering the default password I will get completely disconnected.

This just happened to me, after running 380.64-1, and having issues with iPhone wifi connection. I had turned of the router for 30mins with the intention of installing the current Asus stock firmware.
Trying to log back on I was given to option as normal to make a new password. I did but then at log on it would not accept. I did a few reboots and the same issue. At one point I just put in a simple password something like admin and a couple of numbers and it accepted it.
I could then finish what I was doing, then reverted back to a strong password.
Don't ask me how or why as I am not that technically minded when it comes to these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I have just upgraded the firmware for Asus RT-N66U from 378.53 to 380.64_2. Once it has completed I have been forwarded to the new router login page which is now web based. It turns out that after the upgrade it no longer accepts the password I had before nor the default "admin" password. The internet connectivity still seems to be recovered and works as expected.

Has anybody here faced this "password lost" problem and have any solutions for it?
Appreciate any help or ideas...

P.S.: I am not using the setting reset hardware key on a router yet as it will reset the internet connectivity settings. If it does so without recovering the default password I will get completely disconnected.
Unless you can log in via WebUI, ssh or telnet, there is no other way than reset the router to set a new user/password.

Oddly, the same thing happened to me. RT-N66U, 780.64-1
There may be a bug here.

I just tried admin, admin. I worked. It then told me I had a insecure PSW and asked for a new one. It seems like it is not accepting the name and password during initial setup.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online