What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v2.0.17 -June 8, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner + Speedtest) (New BETA13 Available!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well... then I'm at a loss. If we can't tell from the vpn_client1_addr value in NVRAM that it's a public or private IP address... then the only other way around this is to somehow manually create some manual exclusion for it in the settings.

Question... are you running only site-to-site VPNs on your router, or are you going out through a VPN provider as well? In other words, what are your other slots doing?
Only site-to-site VPNs — typically, one, but occasionally two. Any other VPNs are device clients only.

Only site-to-site VPNs — typically, one, but occasionally two. Any other VPNs are device clients only.
You've thrown me a really good curveball, @visortgw! :) I'll figure something out. 👍

OK @visortgw ... check out what I rigged up for you. Please use item #13 in the configuration menu:
1717381852667.png

Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
Then try running the network connection/bandwidth test on page 6 for results...

OK @visortgw ... check out what I rigged up for you. Please use item #13 in the configuration menu:
View attachment 59159

Download link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/develop/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"
This one appears do the trick! 🍺

Last edited:
View attachment 59159

Download link:
Code:
@Viktor Jaep: So, I executed more testing this morning with v2.0.16 as I like to be thorough when I get you into a mess with my configurations. 🤔
  1. Remote GT-AX6000 with No VPN Connection: Mark Router as VPN Site-To-SIte Only? set to No.
  2. Remote RT-AX88U with Site-to-Site VPN on VPN Client 2: Mark Router as VPN Site-To-SIte Only? set to Yes.
Both configurations work as expected!

@Viktor Jaep: So, I executed more testing this morning with v2.0.16 as I like to be thorough when I get you into a mess with my configurations. 🤔
  1. Remote GT-AX6000 with No VPN Connection: Mark Router as VPN Site-To-SIte Only? set to No.
  2. Remote RT-AX88U with Site-to-Site VPN on VPN Client 2: Mark Router as VPN Site-To-SIte Only? set to Yes.
Both configurations work as expected!
I appreciate you being thorough! :)

Squashing a few items due to the keen eye of @visortgw ... if you are a power-user like @visortgw and want to run site-to-site VPNs, then this release is for you, and allows you to exclude your VPNs from running the network connection/bandwidth diagnostics, because apparently private IPs seem to drag it down/cause no data to show. Thanks much for your help narrowing down the problems and helping test this across your swaths of routers, @visortgw! :)

What's new?
v2.0.16 - (June 3, 2024)
- PATCH:
Added some logic to the network connections/bandwidth test to try to exclude VPN connections that come up with a private IP address in the vpn_clientX_addr NVRAM field. In the process, added another option under the configuration menu (item #13) that asks whether or not the router is purely being used in a VPN site-to-site configuration, as that would have a bearing on how the "public-facing" IP ends up, and is most likely a private IP that will cause delays or no data during testing.

Download link (or update directly within AMTM/RTRMON):
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod 755 "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Significant screenshots:

Item #13 was added to allow you to mark your router as having it running in a site-to-site VPN configuration.
1717440257353.png

@Viktor Jaep: Let me apologize in advance for missing this.

If I enable Mark Router As VPN Site-To-Site Only (or if no VPNs are enabled, period), then why do I keep seeing "[Refreshing VPN1 Stats...]" between screen refreshes (or rotations, if enabled)? Should the message simply be generic (i.e., "[Refreshing Stats...]"?

@Viktor Jaep: Let me apologize in advance for missing this.

If I enable Mark Router As VPN Site-To-Site Only (or if no VPNs are enabled, period), then why do I keep seeing "[Refreshing VPN1 Stats...]" between screen refreshes (or rotations, if enabled)? Should the message simply be generic (i.e., "[Refreshing Stats...]"?
Is that part causing a delay as well, or is it showing relevant data? Like all the stuff you see on page 2? This is a different tool than the bandwidth/connection diag tool...

Is that part causing a delay as well, or is it showing relevant data? Like all the stuff you see on page 2? This is a different tool than the bandwidth/connection diag tool...
No delay, just irrelevant data as there are no VPN1 stats being generated.

No delay, just irrelevant data as there are no VPN1 stats being generated.
I would think it would be able to provide data... weird. Just curious... how does it handle the city name?

Ignore everything that I said — it does generate VPN stats for the ste-to-site! I just had to force traffic to see it.

Hi and thx for the script and all your work putting into this!
Since i installed this script and I update it whatever...it takes forever...is there something that wont connect in background or something...
plz i need help
1717513159399.png

Hi and thx for the script and all your work putting into this!
Since i installed this script and I update it whatever...it takes forever...is there something that wont connect in background or something...
plz i need help
Could you please explain? What takes forever... and how long is this? Does the progress bar stop?

@Viktor Jaep: A definitive way to see see traffic across site-to-site private VPN in statistics is to run BACKUPMON with destination set to NAS on the distant side.

Last edited:
Looks like your router is doing some serious struggle bussing providing you basic memory info! What kind of router do you have? What firmware?

Mind running a few commands to troubleshoot your issue?

Based on the provided latest screenshoot, which show 2049 MB of RAM, it was runned on his ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000...

Looks like your router is doing some serious struggle bussing providing you basic memory info! What kind of router do you have? What firmware?

Mind running a few commands to troubleshoot your issue?
Hi and thx for superfast reply :)
I running an GT-AXE16000 with Merlin 3004.388.7_0_rog and I dont mind running some commands.