What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AuntyMad2

New Around Here
hey so recently moved to live with my grandparents for work, previous wireless internet worked fine so i know its not hardware problems its router related, but i sit on an average speed of 48mps download speed, average of 60-65 ping when playing games no drama right, well my room is on the complete otherside of the house where the wifi couldnt reach so i purchases a tp link RE700X so wifi could reach room, speeds are exacetly the same from my phone to my pc whether its coming from the router or the extender however throughout gaming i will ruber band constantly, does anyone know what the issue is if theres a settting i can tweak in my router settings or my extender settings? or should i simply run a ethernet cable from the extender into my pc? thanks

Start by plugging an ethernet cable into the extender and see if it gets better. Extenders and "mesh" usually add latency.
Did you try your PC within range of the main wireless router ? Or plug an ethernet cable into the main wireless router ?

Start by plugging an ethernet cable into the extender and see if it gets better. Extenders and "mesh" usually add latency.
Did you try your PC within range of the main wireless router ? Or plug an ethernet cable into the main wireless router ?
so im going to try and get a long enough ethernet cable, but i cannot connect to the main router as there is nowhere to set up where it is

How do you know the ISP service is adequate with their existing router ?
What is the service 50 mb/s down 5 mb/s up ?
There may be high latency with that ISP router/modem service to start with .
i used to have DSL service with similar numbers , which was fine for 5 people working and light gaming, but not good enough for more demanding gaming.

If none of the above work out and you can swing it (and convince the grandparents to allow ) , see if there is a cheap ISP plan with low latency that would install a new, separate service termination at your end of the house.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!