What's new

Rules wrong

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dougj

Occasional Visitor
the other day I migrated from asuswrt to merlin on my ax88u router. After doing so my VPNs were gone so I successfully rebuilt them. I set up a couple rules to send two devices over WAN and one rule to send all devices (192.168.50.0/24) in my dhcp range to vpn1 and a second rule to the same IP range to vpn2. I guess in my mind I was only considering only one vpn would ever be active at a time. All worked ok until today I disabled both VPNs. That took my router interface offline as well as my internet on all devices. How do I resolve this?

the other day I migrated from asuswrt to merlin on my ax88u router. After doing so my VPNs were gone so I successfully rebuilt them. I set up a couple rules to send two devices over WAN and one rule to send all devices (192.168.50.0/24) in my dhcp range to vpn1 and a second rule to the same IP range to vpn2. I guess in my mind I was only considering only one vpn would ever be active at a time. All worked ok until today I disabled both VPNs. That took my router interface offline as well as my internet on all devices. How do I resolve this?
Forgot to mention killswitch is active on both vpns.

It's hard to follow your rules without seeing a screenshot. But I'd hazard a guess that one or more of your VPN clients are setup with the killswitch enabled.

Yes killswitch is unfortuately active and a complete reboot resolved nothing. As for the 4 rules the top two were using WAN to send my sec. devices direct to the internet and the third rule uses vpn client 1 to send all other DHCP addresses (in the range provided earlier) down the tunnel while the fourth rule send that same range of addresses down vpn client 2. As mentioned I wrote those assuming only either vpn client 1 or 2 would ever be active at any time.

Since I cannot log into the router how can I override my killswitch settings to off and how can I get to the login page of the router?

Since I cannot log into the router how can I override my killswitch settings to off and how can I get to the login page of the router?
I'm confused. VPN Director controls LAN to WAN routing. It shouldn't restrict LAN to LAN traffic, i.e. access to the router's GUI from the LAN.

My thoughts as well but I can't load 192.168.50.1. As soon as I disabled vpn client 1 (with vpn client 2 already disabled) I was logged out and have not been able to load asus.router.com or 192.168.50.1??

Since my routing rule 3 and 4 specified the 192.168.50.0/24 IP range, could that have taken the GUI offline? Perhaps it should have read 192.168.50.1/24?

Also is there a shell command I can somehow access to disable killswitch?

Thx D.

Following that thread and given the OP is using OpenVPN I suspect the following is the relevant comment: