What's new

Running two VPNs on one router.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm a Guest!

New Around Here
Hey guys/gals. I've been scouring the internet to no avail so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have an ASUS RT-AC87U router and I'm trying to run two VPNs for separate devices but can't figure out how to.

Basically, I'm currently routing the VPN to specific devices using the policy option and I'm blocking all traffic if the VPN goes down. This works beautifully. I would however like to add another VPN location and route that to specific devices too. So have some devices using no VPN, some devices use a VPN with their locations set to America and some devices using the United Kingdom VPN.

I noticed that there's an option to create two OpenVPN (or more) connections but when I do this and set the policy up like before it just uses the newer one and ignores the older VPN that was working before. Is there something I'm missing or is it not possible?

It'd be wonderful if someone could help me. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Yes you can run multiple vpn-server/clients at same time but you have to use different port on each other.

Yes you can run multiple vpn-server/clients at same time but you have to use different port on each other.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a guide that I can follow to achieve the desired results?

I'm not sure if I understand you properly. Do you mean the "Server Address and Port" area under "OpenVPN Clients"? I always thought that the port number there was provided by the VPN provider and shouldn't be messed around with. Or is there another port setting I have to modify?

Again, thank you for the help. You're the only person that has responded to my plea for help on various websites.

Yes port is provided from vpn provider. Check if they have more than one, usually 1194.
Yes, "Server Address and Port" is what i mean. :)

Yes port is provided from vpn provider. Check if they have more than one, usually 1194.
Yes, "Server Address and Port" is what i mean. :)

That isn't the case for me as I have 3 VPN's running all on the default VPN Port. I have nVPN and PIA all running on the same port.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!