What's new

Saned scanner on RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gladbach

New Around Here
I've spent a pretty good amount of time searching through the wiki, google, and this forum. I cannot seem to figure out a way to get saned working on the rt-n66 router using merlin's firmwares.

I've tried with both optware (through download manager) and also installing entware. I've looked at http://www.shcherbyna.com/?p=983 , however this is for tomato so I don't believe this is correct for the N66.

Does anyone have sane working on their router? If so, any tips would be most helpful on how to install it.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi, gladbach!

No matter what firmware you are using, sane is firmware independed. So you may rely on Tomato's guide or this Entware's guide.

The one and only requirements is a working Entware/Optware. Here is details.

Regards, Alexander Ryzhov.

ryzhov_al,

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any tips on how to get xinetd to start automatically at boot? I'm using entware, but so far my searches have not been fruitful. Some reference to use app_set_enabled.sh , but this seems to only apply to optware, not entware.

Other tutorials seem to be geared towards tomato only, and not asuswrt-merlin.

the sane binaries seem to work normally, I simply can't connect from sanetwain to the scanner, and so far have not been able to get inetd, nor xinetd working to run the service.

much appreciated,

gladback

Hi!
Other tutorials seem to be geared towards tomato only, and not asuswrt-merlin.

the sane binaries seem to work normally, I simply can't connect from sanetwain to the scanner, and so far have not been able to get inetd, nor xinetd working to run the service.
There is no difference where Entware is working on: Tomato, DD-WRT, RT-N56, Oleg's firmware, on Realtek-based mediaplayers or somewhere else (by the way, I'm shocked how wide Entware is spread). If /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung is started, that's enough. If there is no start script for some service, you may add it manually, just take a look at /opt/etc/init.d/S* files as an examples.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online