What's new

SDR via USB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

powernumpty

New Around Here
Now this might just fall some where between unbelievably stupid and "why didn't I think of that".

There is a whole field of interest in Software Defined Radio for ham and other listeners use. To cut a long story short I'd like to be able to connect a SDR receiver to an decent USB enabled router for some level of remote access.

There are a lot of users connecting RTLSDR dongles to Raspberry PI boards to pass the IQ data over the network (not doing any FFT work on board) I'd like to be able to connect something like that to my RT-N66U, or control and stream the audio from the USB sound interface of a FUNCube Dongle Pro+ (much less bandwidth).

The motivation is to avoid running a PC through the day if I can actually do (at the lowest level) control the frequency and extract some audio from an attached USB SDR radio.

Thanks
Stu

I've just seen PaspberryPi how-to, so…
Let me give you a small present — FUNCube Dongle Pro+ control utility, compiled for our routers. First, install Entware and...
Code:
opkg install libusb-1.0
wget -O - http://files.ryzhov-al.ru/Routers/The%20Funcube%20Dongle%20%28plus%29%20control%20utility/fcdctl.tgz | tar -xvzC /opt/bin
As I see, the Funcube Dongle uses USB audio and HID interfaces, you may take appropriate kernel modules from my archive.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late response,
Excellent, many thanks, will give it a go as soon as I can.

To avoid too many newbie questions I'll have a good read up on the firmware and adding modules before I dive in, only had the router for days so I am keen to avoid having to read the "recovery" pages.

Was not sure I'd see any response so this is better than I could have hoped.

Regards
Stu

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!