What's new

Security Cams for Home (NEST ?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

Currently looking for some Security Cams and Doorbells for my Smart Home in 2024 :)

Have seen that some users (@shabbs) here already have some Nest Cams from Google.
Would love to upgrade my Smart Home with some Security Cams.
As we have some refugees from Syria and other Countries, just to be on the safe-side.

Maybe some advice too, having iOS and have seen that there is a monthly Plan for arround 10€/$ to record all for 30/60 days online/wifi to save it or having a backup.
Would love to have arround 2-3 devices outdoor and 1 doorbell.

Any advice is welcome 😅

Amcrest PoE cams or similar. Invest in a good PoE managed switch and a NVR. Sure, you will have to run Ethernet but it is well worth it not to worry over poor WIFI from the cams. You can also put micro SD cards in the cams that will record a lot. I've built a cam server from an old PC with an i5 processor and a 512 GB SSD. Runs Debian 12 and Zoneminder doing motion detection. Both free! And I can access my cams from anywhere.