What's new

Set up Channels above 48 (5GHz)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cumulonimbus

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

i have two AC66U connected as Mediabridge. Some 5GHz WLANs in my neighborhoods using Channels 36-48. How can i set up the Firmware to use Channels from 50-64 and 100-161? I have EU-Version of AC66U.

Hi,
Keep in mind some WiFi card does not work on hi channels.

If you aren't expiriencing interference from the other 5ghz aps, then there's little reason to change channels. The signals can easily co-exist :)

If you aren't expiriencing interference from the other 5ghz aps, then there's little reason to change channels. The signals can easily co-exist :)

Hi,

i checked the Speed with dd-wrt on channels 36-44. Effective speed 120-140mbit/s :-( On the upper Channels from 52-161 i got arount 370-390mbit/s.

Before i use AC66-Routers, i use two of Linksys E4200 with Tomato-Firmware. Same Situation. Higer Channels has very more Speed.

Last edited:
I reported this to Asus before and nothing got done about this. You can select the high channel on the Asus in router mode, but the second one can never find it. Only channels up to 48 work.

I reported this to Asus before and nothing got done about this. You can select the high channel on the Asus in router mode, but the second one can never find it. Only channels up to 48 work.

It has to do with Regulary Domain / Regional Regulations. EU-Versions of AC66U are fixed to EU in the CFE i think. But it can be overwritten on Startup. Show dd-wrt or Tomato.

I am not sure, ifMerlin has the rights to include this overwrite-method in the asuswrt.

It has to do with Regulary Domain / Regional Regulations. EU-Versions of AC66U are fixed to EU in the CFE i think. But it can be overwritten on Startup. Show dd-wrt or Tomato.

I am not sure, ifMerlin has the rights to include this overwrite-method in the asuswrt.

I did wonder about this. But in the first firmware version of the AC66U those high channels were not even there to select in the drop-down. Then they appeared in a later firmware so I assumed they were now permitted.

I did wonder about this. But in the first firmware version of the AC66U those high channels were not even there to select in the drop-down. Then they appeared in a later firmware so I assumed they were now permitted.

Hmm, not available:
zwischenablage-1f9xjz.jpg

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online