What's new

Setting up router with Single IP/MAC?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HotMike

New Around Here
Hello,

I am currently in a foreign country with work and found that there is a local ISP offering internet in my hotel room via an Ethernet drop. The service has a web based login to access your account (Mikrotik Hotspot software I believe) on the server that lets you onto the net. I have been having problems trying to get my Linksys E1200 set up such that I can access more than one device on the network simultaneously via MAC/IP registration (there is a little "status webpage" that comes up after I log on with this info in it)... the logon obviously thinks that I am more than one user trying to scam the system, rather than someone trying to use my laptop and cell phone simultaneously.

I have tried cloning the computer's MAC address into the router and disabling the DHCP server, and played with every other setting I could find, but can't seem to get the ISP to see only one IP and MAC on their side of the router, while connecting multiple devices to my Wifi. Running the router in static IP mode is tough because the ISP changes my IP address every time I log in, based on availability. Not to mention, all of this is a pain as the E1200 is very picky about when it wants to let me log into it to configure it.

Any ideas on how to configure this?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online