What's new

Settings Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rylo

New Around Here
Devices: 2 iPhones, 1 Smart TV, 1 Fire Stick, 1 2.4ghz Security Camera, 1 PS5, 1 Computer.

Router: ax11000 Pro.

My connection has always been pretty smooth/fast and seeming perfect to my feel.

Recently I’ve added the 2.4ghz security camera and smart TV waiting on my other one to be delivered to replace the fire stick so 2 smart TVs, I was wondering if there are any settings I’ve needed to enable/disable to fix the freezes/lag spikes while watching TV and even when I’m playing on my console to the point it’s not enjoyable anymore, never had these issues before until I’ve added the new devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 21
Depending upon where you reside, the best router settings for the average consumer are the defaults. With Asus that includes the Dual Band SmartConnect. Yes, you can change the advanced settings but doing so can get you into more trouble. If you are experiencing buffering it may be your internet connection and not the router WIFI settings.
What firmware and version are you using?
Are you cable or FIOS and what bandwidth do you pay for? What are your actual bandwidth speeds?
What are your DNS settings?

Edit: If you are forcing 160 MHz, change that to 20-40-80-160 MHz and disable DFS channels to see if that helps.

Smart TVs are notorious for having crappy wireless. I never use it. I always use a wired connection, even if that means using powerline or MoCA adapters. The difference is remarkable. Little to no lag. And you don't even need the latest and greatest powerline/MoCA offerings either. Even the older, dirt cheap adapters will usually suffice. I got my current powerline adapters years ago, on clearance, $5 a piece, and only rated 200Mpbs. Last time I measured performance, I got about ~70Mbps (actual), which is plenty. But the new stuff is significantly better in performance, should you need it.

P.S. Even if you insist on wireless, then get a wireless ethernet adapter/bridge instead. Anything has to be better than the built-in wireless.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!