What's new

Simultaneous Dual Band Business Class AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

necrosis

New Around Here
My company is looking into buying a simultaneous dual band, business class wireless access point. I am looking for recommendations that meet the following requirements:

$800 budget
Simultaneous dual band wireless N
Wireless G compatibility
Capacity to support around 25 active wireless devices if possible
Gigabit LAN interface
PoE a plus

There doesn't seem to be a lot of reviews of the upper end access points. I was hoping that someone here may have some experience with any models that support these features.

I've worked in offices with Apple Airport Extreme's that seems to do OK in business environments. POE is an option with one of the POE aftermarket kits. At least one kit does POE and maintains GigE. I have not installed them, but seen them in real world use and they seem to work OK. I don't hear wifi complaints. Apple's advantage is their firmware is strong.

Otherwise, look at Ruckus. They have a new simultaneous dual band "N" AP that should be close to your budget.

Last edited:
Cisco Aironet - works fine... and under your budget and meets your requirements...