What's new

Slow Speeds even with great signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

italyguy01

Regular Contributor
Anyone else?

With my original router, Cisco SA520SW, my workstation across the home on 2.4ghz N speed was around 35% signal strength, but speed/transfer was good/acceptable. Also, transfers over wireless between computers around the home was good as well.

With the RT-AC66U, 2.4ghz N speed (tried every channel btw), the signal strength to the same computer is awesome 89%, but the transfer speeds is horribly slow.

I have tried every setting and nothing changes.

??

Update: 5ghz has low signal strength, like 24%, but speed is awesome. Unfortunately, not all my devices are 5ghz.

I can't understand why 2.4 N speed, at 89% signal, would be so painfully slow, when my other router 2.4 N speed at 35% was much faster.

Hi,
Tried with different mode setting on 2.4GHz?

Please post your settings from the normal and the Professional wireless tab. It's hard to help you without knowing what settings you are actually using.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online