What's new

*SOLVED* Traffic Analyzer lost history after update from 380 -> 384

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jtp10181

I was going to post asking if anyone knew were this moved to but I did find it, so now I'm letting people know.

The history for this was previously saved in /jffs/traffic.db
Now its moved to: /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db

I copied my old one over from a jffs backup and it seems to be reading it in just fine.

I was going to post asking if anyone knew were this moved to but I did find it, so now I'm letting people know.

The history for this was previously saved in /jffs/traffic.db
Now its moved to: /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db

I copied my old one over from a jffs backup and it seems to be reading it in just fine.

Weird how it didn't just generate a new traffic.db in the new location when it moved.

I had the same issue, but was kind of glad just in case trendmicro was using that data for analytics (the EULA was scary).

I also noticed it would log web history even when switched off!!!

(Wait are we talking about the same thing? Just realized there is a web history tab and a traffic analyzer)

Yeah it did make a brand new db (/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/TrafficAnalyzer.db) right after updating the firmware and it was saving to it, I couldn't figure out why my history was gone, and the old traffic.db was just sitting there not being modified anymore. After remembering to list the dir with all folders showing I found that sneaky .sys folder and tracked it down.

So if you want to keep your history, after upgrading the firmware and doing a factory reset. Shut off the Analyzer, copy the traffic.db from your jffs backup over top of the new file location (new filename also). Then turn the analyzer back on. Should be all set, mine seems to happily writing to the database still and just missing a couple hours worth of info.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!