What's new

Somebody with Engenius experience?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svt11

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have done setup of engenius system almost completely alone. One is at seaside, second location is city hotel. Both locations have many concrete and other obstacles like bathrooms... It was hard. I've bought EWS310AP which are dual-band. I made configuration with band steering. At seaside there are houses with 2 apartments per floor. 4 floors per house and the last floor is with 1 apartment. I see that because of money, and maybe it's really too much investment I can't make possible to have good 5GHz coverage everywhere. My reseller have unfortuantely made mistake and sold me switches which are not PoE+. I have couple PoE+ switches which work quite good. Reseller also makes setup/installs and told me to place AP on every floor and offcourse lower their power. Now in 1 house I've got 2 AP placed in upper floor which are configured 29dBm on 2.4GHz and 25dBm on 5GHz . Which is maximum. I don't have more AP to place and I'm forced sometimes to place them in locations which technically couldn't achieve good coverage. We've had external antenna - Ubiquity which had worked flawless. Still we have it, but we can't make it work with neutron system. Ive replaced it with EWS660AP. It covers the pool, but the garden nearby - no! I didn't find a solution to this, I'll need directional antenna which I can place only on this place, and to be connected to my Engenius Neutron system for roaming. Biggest problem are balconies, which can't be covered good enough. I didn't have enough time to make the other antenna - ENH202 to work Engenius system. I thought I could set it to AP mode and with the same security settings I can make it roam between clients. Offcourse this didn't happen. Maybe setting it as client bridge will make it different?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!