What's new

sorry another recommendation thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

method526

New Around Here
instead of hijacking other users' threads, i'll just make my own, but it'll be short and simple. i dont have many wireless devices (so far a ps3, but will add a laptop in the mix, and guests laptops/wireless devices will follow later). i was thinking about getting a simple G router until more N choices come out and because the ps3 only has a b/g wifi adapter in it (i'd love to get simultaneous dual-band but my wallet disagrees with me at the moment).

my G router option:
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162134

i was planning on flashing Tomato on this router and go from there. however, i'm worried about speed and range/strength. My PC is on the middle floor. My PS3 is in the basement, and my laptop will be in my room. will this router be enough, or should i move on up to a N router? i was thinking about getting a WNDR3700, but i feel like it might be overkill for my needs. any thoughts? router recommendations are welcomed (i've had a linksys wrt54g something model, and it was good in the beginning but kept dropping, so linksys isn't my favorite ATM. i had a d-link cable modem a while ago and it artifacted on me, so d-link is also on my 'not so great' list).

-Thanks.

Last edited: