What's new

SSH into my server is failing with: "Authentications that can continue: publickey,password Permission denied, please try again."

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jsn2233

Occasional Visitor
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I really want help.

I am trying to ssh into my Umbrel server which is hosted on my rasp pi. I recently lost access to logging in due to losing 2FA device so I have no access whatsoever to the server. My only way of working was now through ssh. In order to delete 2FA I flashed the device and now everytime I ssh into the server I get:
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
Permission denied, please try again.

I used to ssh into the server every day but after flashing the SD card it says I don't have permission.The password is correct and in my .ssh folder I have these files:

Code:
id_rsa
id_rsa.pub
known_hosts
known_hosts.old

The weird thing is I had to generate the rsa keys because I never had them and was always able to ssh into the server.
So far I've tried this and it just tells me I have no permission when I do ssh-copy-id. I am new to ssh any ideas what to do?

Last edited:
ssh-copy-id requires you to be able to connect to the server, it won't help you if you are currently locked out of it. You will first need to be able to successfully log in on either the user account, or any superuser account (i.e. root).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online