What's new

stop brother from accesing League of legends servers. RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corteg

New Around Here
league ports:
  • 2099 TCP
  • 5222:5223 TCP
  • 8080 TCP
  • 8393:8400 TCP
  • 5000:5500 UDP/TCP
I've already set a static ip binded to the mac address of his computer.

I've tried this a couple of ways and nothing works.
I tried using Firewall- Network Services Filter. but its not blocking the ports. this is how i have it set up. (I've attached a screen cap of how i have it set up in the table it has.) tell me if it is set up wrong or if i need to fix anything.
hlxc33stf

I also tried using the QoS filter and making the upload and download speeds zero... yet... it still work.. HELP! he is addicted and is starting to affect him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 5.29.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 5.29.45 PM.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 542
Try moving your brothers ip address from the Destination column to the Source column.

BTW - I think it is AWESOME that you're concerned enough to try and help him out.

he is my little brother, but its not that simple. he would just flip shirt and whine till my parents side with him. fortunately the router is mine so i hold the power essentially, he still needs internet for his school work. so i cant just block his access to the internet.

he is my little brother, but its not that simple. he would just flip shirt and whine till my parents side with him. fortunately the router is mine so i hold the power essentially, he still needs internet for his school work. so i cant just block his access to the internet.

It might not seem so simple, but perhaps it is - he's doing harmful behavior to himself...

You care about him enough to post here... take the next stop, explain to your parents what you see, and then together, deal with it - you have control of that much... you are his brother... if you needed help, could you count on him? I would say yes, because if my brother was drowning, I would be the first to help...

It's much like parental controls...

Technology is not always the answer - if they want/need access, they'll find a way, sometimes folks need to "man up" and deal with things at a personal level... throw him the rope to pull himself out...

It might not seem so simple, but perhaps it is - he's doing harmful behavior to himself...

You care about him enough to post here... take the next stop, explain to your parents what you see, and then together, deal with it - you have control of that much... you are his brother... if you needed help, could you count on him? I would say yes, because if my brother was drowning, I would be the first to help...

It's much like parental controls...

Technology is not always the answer - if they want/need access, they'll find a way, sometimes folks need to "man up" and deal with things at a personal level... throw him the rope to pull himself out...

my parents already know im blocking the game they are fine with it. i alredy spoke to him he just wont listen. of course if he really wants to he'll find a way but then that just gives me a good enough excuse to completely remove his internet privileges.

Then take it away - he's doing harm to himself... pull the plug, change the password...

I don't think you need an excuse, as you already have a reason to take action

Apologies to the collective hive mind - this hits a couple of personal buttons...

Using parental controls displays an error message when the device in question tries to log on outside the permitted times. This makes it difficult to claim ignorance and opine that "the internet must be down".

Internet access via 4G is becoming commonplace here and very affordable, often on an "as much as you can eat" basis. So even blocking access via the router won't help if the subject can still surf on his/her phone or tablet.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!