What's new

Switch from Cable WAN to Fiber WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
I'm thinking about switching from Spectrum cable WAN to Frontier DSL/Fiber WAN. Any pros/cons? Spectrum is a pia and their cost is more but signal is stable. I've read Fiber is different technology and may have to run ethernet line from ONT to router. Currently have house wired with cable, including MoCA with a couple of filters for signal noise. Do I have to run Ethernet from ONT/box outside connection to router on second floor or can I use existing cable infrastructure? When I spoke to Frontier they weren't big on my personal router and wanted to provide eero mesh. I already have my own ASUS AiMesh (GT-AX6000 main, RT-AX58U node). How do I connect to my GT-AX6000 wireless router to ONT? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. tia

Last edited: