What's new

T-Mobile TTL 65 value

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ssprenge

New Around Here
I have a 4G cellular router. I've edited the TTL value to 65, but there is still a hotspot data cap, and it won't work once that cap of 15GB is reached. Anybody know if the TTL value of 65 has changed for T-Mobile to avoid the hotspot limitation? I've tried 64, 66, etc.

I have a 4G cellular router. I've edited the TTL value to 65, but there is still a hotspot data cap, and it won't work once that cap of 15GB is reached. Anybody know if the TTL value of 65 has changed for T-Mobile to avoid the hotspot limitation? I've tried 64, 66, etc.

That's because they fixed the issue that allowed for TTL=65 to work.

It was never supposed to work in the first place.

Why not go unlimited with tmhi for $50/mo? Check and see if they'll convert it or get the gateway and a power bank that does 15V to make it portable.

So, if you went with an MVNO for ~$15/mo and then grabbed a TMHI gateway for unlimited hostpot you end up saving $20/mo. I've used / tested quite a few of the MVNO options with TM's network and they all perform just as well as the branded plans for quite a bit less expense.

Mint / US Mobile / Tello / etc. all run on the same system as the branded TM service but, cost ~$10/mo and up for a couple of gb's of data on the phone itself. You can go unlimited on most of them for $35/mo and that yields up to 35GB/mo for HS data. Mint though is a bit tricker as their unlimited option only does 5GB of HS but 35GB of overall data. The trick is to go with the $25/mo plan instead to get 15GB/mo that you can use whatever method you want whether phone browsing or HS tethering to another device.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!