What's new

Technicolor DGA 0122 router as EasyMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathan Dixon

Occasional Visitor
Hi folks

Some family has poor wifi and I want to set up a mesh for them.

They have this router (from shell) and I have an old one of the same model going spare.

I think they support EasyMesh and I'm wondering if I can use the old one as a mesh node?

Is this easy/possible, and, if so, any advice on how? There doesn't seem to be much on the web about this but I thought the point of EasyMesh is that's it's a standard.

Cheers

Run a cable, plug in old router, configure it as Access Point, done.
Not all routers can operate in AP mode though.
It's highly unlikely that the Technicolor has support for some random non Technicolor product in mesh mode.
Some routers can be set up in repeater mode and/or media bridge/wireless bridge, which would do the trick if your old router supports it.

Some routers can be set up in repeater mode and/or media bridge/wireless bridge, which would do the trick if your old router supports it.

LOL - TP-Link has their TL-W841N device, and it works fine as a standalone AP...

If one is tight on the budget, these are actually ok for 2.4GHz and spreading out the WiFi love...

$20USD...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!